Michelle Bentley, October, 2023
It seems plenty – just ask my new puppy, Scout – a mini Groodle and now 17 weeks old, and so adorable! These puppy ‘lessons’ are well worth our human reflection.
- Enthusiasm and Energy: Puppies approach each day with boundless enthusiasm and energy. They remind us to bring a positive and energetic attitude to our work, which can lead to increased productivity and creativity.
- Persistence: They are persistent in their pursuit of what they want, whether it's a toy, food, or attention. This persistence can be applied to our work by encouraging us to stay focused on our goals and overcome obstacles.
- Adaptability: Puppies are quick to adapt to new environments and situations. In the workplace, being adaptable and open to change is essential for success, especially in rapidly evolving industries.
- Teamwork: Puppies often work together with other dogs or humans in a cooperative manner. The showcases the importance of collaboration and teamwork in achieving common goals in the workplace.
- Curiosity: Puppies are naturally curious, exploring their surroundings and learning from their experiences. Embracing curiosity at work can lead to innovation and personal growth as we seek to learn new things and solve problems.
- Resilience: Puppies bounce back quickly from setbacks, such as minor accidents or rejections. Learning to bounce back from failures and setbacks is crucial for career success.
- Living in the Present: Puppies live in the moment and don't dwell on the past or worry about the future. This can serve as a reminder for us to focus on the task at hand and be present in our work.
- Loyalty and Trust: Puppies develop strong bonds with their caregivers and rely on trust and loyalty. Building trust and loyalty in the workplace is essential for fostering healthy working relationships and achieving common objectives.
- Unconditional Love: Puppies love their caregivers unconditionally. While the workplace may not be about love, showing appreciation and support for colleagues can create a positive and motivating work environment.
- Playfulness and Fun: Puppies love to play and have fun. Incorporating moments of play and enjoyment into our work can help reduce stress and boost morale.
Incorporating these lessons into your work life can lead to personal growth, improved relationships with colleagues, and a more fulfilling and successful career.
Least said best when it comes to the challenges of puppy toilet training, chewing and digging!!
Thanks, Scout, and Chat GPT for these tips!